A quick update from the photo club meeting last night. I was lucky enough to win some prizes:
1st place - For Arts Sake - 'Open Spaces'
2nd place - Enhance It - 'Got Air'
Even though I'm not really a modest person, and often I quite like my photos (especially the above!) I am always surprised when I get any places at the club meetings. There are always so many entries and they're all of such a high quality that I have so much trouble choosing a photo to vote for. That people would vote for my photos over some others is really nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
well done caitie.
I love both this skater boy and the black and white one.both are just stunning!!
Thanks Maryanne!
Congratulations Caitie. I knew you would do well with your entries.
oh wow - i just love that scrunched up overlay? on your top photo - stunning.
did you make that yourself? It is brilliant.
(and the photo is sensational too!)
Thanks Amanda. The scrunched up paper is just a jpeg photo that I add as an extra layer over the photo, and change the blending mode until I like the look (in most cases I find Overlay or Soft Light looks best for my taste).
I'm pretty sure that this was a texture that I got while doing Jessica Sprague's free class, might have been a link to a Flickr page or something? There's heaps of free ones on Flickr though that allow free usage.
Thanks for your comment!
Post a Comment