Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is it Wednesday already?

Gosh, it's been over a week since I last posted, but it really doesn't seem like it!  When I think about it though, it does sort of seem like it's been much more than two weeks since my birthday!  Time flies and all that...

I'm disappointed to report that I really haven't used my sewing machine much at all since I got it - only for the obligatory test runs that night.  I've got an overwhelming urge to sew something, but I don't know what!!  My work pants need some mending in the back seam, where there's two seams and one of them is unravelling.  I think that will be my first 'real' sewing on my machine!

I've found some really cool things on the Write.Click.Scrapbook. site over the past few days:



Love this idea, which I assume is taking out the back of this frame completely and either decorating the glass itself, or using transparency?  Hmmm, need to think about that one.






Really like this idea of inserting fabric in an embroidery hoop, especially for a baby room like it's shown here.  Nice and easy and cheap to change out to alter the style of a room too.

I stayed up so late last night (after 12.30!) to watch the final few shows of 'Survivor' - I'm addicted to that show, and have been to nearly each season since the very first one.  I'm a hopeless TV addict, and am so so sad that All Saints is now finished forever.  What will my Tuesday nights be like without All Saints?  At least I've got Packed to the Rafters now...

Another old layout to finish with, completed probably 3 years ago now:



This was a page that we did at one of our first 'Get Scrapped Getaways' that Fiona and I hold for some friends and family about twice a year.  It really is a time that I so look forward to, as my Mum and sister normally come up for it, and we spend the whole weekend scrapping together with my Auntie, and obviously Fiona too.  Fiona and I spend a bit of time beforehand working out the pages to do and getting everyone's full 'kit' together so that they just bring their photos and tools and everything else is here and waiting!  I love the organisation leading up to the weekend - spending everyone elses' money to buy scrapping supplies!  We don't actually make any money off the weekends - everyone just pays the cost of the supplies themselves.  The next one is coming up in a few weekends' time, so I better hurry up and finish the organisation.  I'll obviously post the pages that we do when it's all over.  Otherwise, you can see the pages I did at the last one here.  That reminds me, there's one pages (I think) that never quite got finished, and one page that was never photographed and posted, so I'll have to do that before I forget.

By the way, I went away for a training course for work last week and took the third Twilight book (Eclipse) with me.  I was past half way, so I thought I better bring the last one (Breaking Dawn) as well just in case.  Lucky that I did - I finished the third one just as the pilot announced that we had landed, and had to start on the last one that night!  By the time I arrived back home the next night (after reading during the lunchbreak, while waiting for the train to the go the airport, on the train, at the airport waiting for the plane and on the plane) I was over halfway through the last one and I finished it the next day.  I do wish that I hadn't read so quickly now, as there's no more!  I so thoroughly enjoyed the series, despite my scepticism, but don't know if I'll be starting any more vampire series any time soon.  Moving on to a couple of my 'normal' crime fiction that I picked up cheaply at a second hand book stall at a local markets.  Michael Connolly's 'Brass Verdict' is the current one, and I quite enjoy his books for a bit of 'mindless' reading.

Gee, so much for 'another old layout to finish with' - half a novel later...

Be back with another post soon.

No comments: