Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Some not-so-recent recent cards

It's been a little while since Father's Day (and various other birthdays in our family) and I realised I haven't posted the cards that I made.  No offence to any of the men I sent these cards to, but to be honest, male cards just aren't the most fun to make!! No ribbons, flowers, frills or 'pretties', and lots of browns instead of pinks!

Here are the various Dad cards (for Father's Day and we had a few 'man' birthdays around that time:


^^ I finally got to use those brads that look like screws that I've been harbouring for literally 4 years! 




Yes, there was a little bit of a blue/green/brown theme.

There were also a couple of girl birthdays:



That one above that says 'for you' is an envelope-thingy that I made to enclose some tickets for 'Ben Hur' and associated plane/accomm tickets for John's Mum that were from the whole of her family.

There was also the card I made for my Mum, and the matching guest book that everyone signed at her party, but of course I forgot to take photos of them didn't I?

That same weekend, I managed to finish one page:


I used one of the 8x10 photo collages I put together in photoshop, and just stuck it straight down, added some strips of paper and a couple of flowers, and it was done.  I love doing pages this way, it's so quick and I love how they turn out.  I've got a few other photos I did like this that I'm yet to scrap, hopefully I'll get to do them in the next couple of weeks.

One last little project I was working on, and I absolutely love how it turned out.  I'm not over the moon with the binding, I had my heart set on it being wire-bound, but it wasn't to be.  This a little something for a couple I know (not sure if I'm supposed to be sharing their names...):


I'm sure there is a lot of information expectant Mums (and Dads) need to remember, and I thought a cute little notebook (with blank lined pages inside) would be a handy way to keep it all together.


I learnt an easy way to do ruffles on my sewing machine!! I just put on my walking foot (for some reason it doesn't work as well with my normal foot), set the tension to the highest and the stitch length to the longest and it just ruffles it up for me! Sure beats sewing gathering stitches and then pulling the threads, etc.


I took these photos on a bit of a gloomy morning, so I'm not too happy with the colours in the photos, but didn't see the point in spending too much time in photoshop getting it just right. But I love those two fabrics together! I would love to buy some more of that green, but Spotlight seems to have run out.

That's about it for me, I'll be back soon with some more stuff I've been up to.  Actually, most of what I've been making is for gifts so I probably can't share all of it!

No comments: