I know I haven't posted any recent photos like I said I would (surprised?) but there's sort of a good reason for that!
We left Warsaw for our flight to London on 7 July in the morning, and made our connecting flight from London to Singapore with plenty of time. As it turns out, after we boarded the plane, they kept us sitting at the terminal (with everyone on the plane and not allowed to leave) for over 4 hours due to a mechanical issue. After 4 hours, they told us that the plane would be leaving at 11pm that night (instead of midday as scheduled), and we would all have to get off and wait in the terminal. Half an hour later, they changed their mind and told us the plane would be delayed until 9am the next day, and they would be taking us all (400 passengers) to a nearby motel for the night. Of course it was frustrating, and because there was 400 people - who were all more important, tired and hungry than everyone else of course - patience was definitely a virtue.
After having boarded our first flight at 7am in Warsaw, and our second flight at 11.30am in London, we finally made it into our room in the motel in London at about 8pm. All bags had to stay on the plane, so we had to make the most of the free toiletries from the motel, and then put on the same clothes the next morning.
Our plane was supposed to leave at 9am the next day, but was further delayed by over an hour. We finally took off after 10am, and we arrived in Singapore this morning at 5.30am local time (the flight was about 13 hours).
Because of the delay, we had to cancel two of our pre-booked and paid for tours in Singapore - the city tour and ride on the giant ferris wheel, and the night zoo safari tour. But, our next tour started at 8.00am this morning, so after we checked into the motel, we had a shower and some breakfast and then headed straight out.
So, now we're in Singapore, having arrived this morning at 5.30am, went on our first tour around Sentosa Island at 8am, came back at lunchtime, but were just too tired to even have any lunch. I actually got bus-sick on the ride back to the motel, and we had a sleep for a few hours. We had another tour at 6pm tonight around Chinatown (including a Chinese dinner, a trishaw ride and a bumboat ride) and are now back in our motel. It's nearly 11pm and we are completely knackered.
We leave Singapore tomorrow night at about 8pm and arrive in Sydney on Sunday. We then catch a flight a couple of hours later from Sydney straight to Mackay, where we will arrive on Sunday afternoon.
We'll give everyone a call when we get back to let you know how everything went, and to work out when we'll be in what city (whether we'll go down to Rocky etc) but if you don't get a call straight away on Sunday night don't worry - we'll probably just crash the moment we get home (into bed I mean).
Tomorrow morning is our breakfast with the orangutans at the open plains zoo, which I can't wait for. At least I'll get to see the zoo animals eventually!
It's my baby sister's 20th birthday today. I'm sorry when I called you I couldn't talk for longer, but it really has been a crazy day! Hope you had a great day, and we'll see you when we're back home chicky.
The finish line is in sight... xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment