Gee whiz I've been slack lately with my blog posting. So much has been going on and I've just had other things to do to be honest! Here's a quick catch-up (not necessarily in order):
1. John's parents came to visit the weekend before ANZAC Day, which was a great surprise;
2. We had our Get Scrapped Getaway (GSG) on the weekend of ANZAC Day. As always, I just enjoyed myself so much, and can't wait to do it again. More on that later in the post;
3. I've changed my craft/scrapping/sewing room around a little, to try to make the space more conducive to be staying organised and tidy. I'll take pictures and post another day;
4. I've been working a bit of overtime at work to try to get jobs finished before we go away, which I don't really like doing too much! There are too many other things I'd rather be doing at home (aah, the pitfalls of having hobbies);
5. John and I have been madly trying to get things sorted out with the business for when we go away. As we do the books for the business, we need to make sure everything is in order, as the end of the financial year comes while we're away;
6. John and I have been finalising our plans for our trip, including booking things to do in London before our tours, and in Singapore after our tours. More on that later in the post;
7. We've also been having to arrange everything else that goes with being away for 2 months, including bill payments, real estate agents, banking/travel money, getting someone to mow the lawn, etc. Not too much of a big deal, but just a lot of things to organise and remember to do. Thank goodness for my 'Preparation List' in my travel journal (although you won't catch John admitting that);
7. I've FINALLY finished editing the photos I took at John's brother's wedding (and of course his sister-in-law's wedding too). I'm so sorry it took so long, Jamie and Ally;
8. I've well and truly caught the sewing bug, and I'm glad we've got this upcoming trip as an excuse to make all sorts of bits and pieces of pouches, bags, etc. I tell you, I'm going to be the most organised traveller! More on that later in the post;
9. We bought a bookshelf, and I love it!! I've had a bit of a 'wish list' going since we moved into our house in 2007, and rather than see it as a list of things we need to go and buy, we see it as a list of things to gradually work towards. It makes it so rewarding! Our bookshelf (well, bookshelves really) is exactly what we'd sort of planned on, and it's already well on its way to being choc-a-block full! I've also finally got somewhere to put my scrapbooking albums, which means they're out and easy to look through when I'm in the mood, and it also gives me three extra shelves in my craft room to use for my ever-increasing sewing supplies! I told John that he doesn't need to worry, we won't need to buy any more bookshelves. I just now know the limit to the number of books I can have before I need to start giving them away;
10. The business is getting an office, which will make it easier when the new employee commences! Wow, our little business is going to be employing someone, and have an actual premises. The down-side is that it's all happening while we're away, so that's yet another thing we need to arrange and plan before we go away;
11. I've had 4 vaccinations in the last few months, and we've each got one more to go, which is apparently the most important one: the combined flu vaccination. The 'authorities' are imploring everyone to get it, and not to be scared because of recent news. But, do you think it's even possible to get this vaccination? No. We've been trying to get it for months, and time is quickly running out. Apparently, there's a shortage of supply with the manufacturer, and there is nowhere here in Mackay or even in Rocky that actually has supply. So, well done 'authorities' for putting on the news every night that everyone needs to get the vaccine, but then making it impossible for people who need/want it to actually get it. At least I know I won't get hepatitis or whooping cough, but I might have my holiday ruined because of the darn flu!
Whew, that's a lot of rambling, even for me! Well done if you've made it this far.
We've now got only 11 sleeps before we leave on our big trip! Woohoo! The time seemed to go so slow for ages, and I wondered how I was actually going to make it without exploding withe excitement. Now, all of a sudden, it's only a little over a week away, and it seems like we don't have enough time to prepare everything before we go. I've been planning for this for a long time, and people at work were laughing at me for being so organised so ahead of time. I started crossing things off my 'To Do' list and my 'To Buy' list months ago, but somehow it just keeps getting longer!
Well, the GSG was such a great weekend - they always are. I just love them, and after each one I just can't wait to begin organising the next one! (Well, this time I can because we're going on our trip between now and the next one, and I don't want to wish that time away!) This time we did quite a few pages, and both Stacey and Na (my sisters) came rather than just Na. As usual, Mum, Auntie Karen and Fiona all came as well. Here are the pages we did (all inspired by other scrappers):
2009 in review:
Inspired by this page by Maggie Holmes:
A crazy bunch (New Years Eve 2009):
Inspired by this page by Kelly Goree:
Celebrate (Jamie and Ally's wedding):
Inspired by this page by Becky Higgins:
My heart (John and I):
Inspired by this page by Ali Russell:
Spoilt (Mum and Stacey's dogs):
Inspired by this page by Nicole Southworth:
'Tis the Season' (Christmas 2009):
Inspired by this page by Jill-Marie Paulson:
True Beauty shining through (my sister Stacey - I did one of Na last time):
Inspired by this page by Kelly Goree:
Two Hearts (my Mum and Dad):
Inspired by this page by .... Me!!
We also used this page as inspiration, for a page that I have not yet finished. I channelled Auntie Karen, and printed out the wrong-sized photos! So I'm yet to reprint at the right size and finish my page. I'll post it when I do.
Inspired by Amanda Probst:
I've done my page on my recent interest in photography, and the photos that I've taken to enter in the photo club competitions, that have either won, or I am really proud of. I love how all the colours in all the photos look together - I was a little worried that it would be too piece-meal for my liking, but it's come together quite well. It will probably be a little while before I print the photos and post the page here, but I will.
That's probably enough for this post. I've still got heaps to catch up on, and I want to do an 'Inspiration' post soon too, showing the things I've seen around lately that I just love. I also love the idea of Fiona's recent post, which I might try to do sometime soon. I just need somewhere to put the list that I will be able to see it constantly enough to be reminded! I'm thinking somewhere in my craft room will be the winner...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment